Try some negatives in your workouts from time to time. The negative exercise will be extremely demanding, and will work the body harder than a basic set of exercises. Don't overdo it though, as a little really goes a long way here.
Keep in mind when training - less can be more if intensity is increased. It is not about how much our bodies can tolerate rather its' really about how much --or how little our bodies need to stimulate the growth process.
Forget reps and sets and focus more on quality of movement. Controlled movements are provide more a greater stimulus to the muscle.
Every workout cannot be a PR -or a personal best. Track progression over time Growth and results take time.
The best way to lose bodyfat or reduce bodyfat levels is to increase muscle mass. Aerobic exercise helps create a greater caloric deficit, but adding muscle is the key to long term fat loss.
Don't be afraid to mix thing up from time to time Variety can help further growth and keep you from getting bored
Proper exercise should make the body stronger not weaker
Try throwing in negatives from time to time. Just make sure you move through the reps quickly .. That is not much rest between each rep..
Two workouts a week are plenty if you are training with a high degree of intensity.
Perform a bit more Cardio over the holiday season to combat the added calories you are bound to eat. The extra cardio will help offset potential weight gain.
8-10 ounces of Lowfat chocolate milk is a great post workout drink. The carbohydrate to protein ratio is about 2:1 which is perfect for recovery. Much cheaper and cleaner than most recovery supplements.
10 Laws of training
1. Train with a purpose.
2. Keep workouts brief and intense.
3. Keep accurate records.
4. Train the WHOLE body each workout.
5. Train no more than two times a week or twice every 8-10 days.
6. Give 100 percent of effort every exercise, every workout. Period.
7. Keep repetitions slow and controlled.
8. Perform adequate cardiovascular exercise; minimum three times a week for 20 -30 minutes.
9. Eat a lowfat, high carbohydrate diet, and drink plenty of fluids.
10. Get adequate rest, sleep, and limit stress.